Sunday, July 28, 2013

Break from Reality









I went on my very first cruise last month with my family and boyfriend. We cruised the Western Caribbean on the Carnival Conquest ship. The ship was massive! I actually thought it was a building from my peripheral view. Anywhoo, this was a much needed vacation that was LONG overdue. After being in the office so much, I needed a break from the real world!

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our Ocean View Balcony room. The view and sound of the ocean was breathtaking! We caught the sunrise on the first morning. So incredibly beautiful...

I enjoyed spending time with my sister and my cousins. It's always a family affair when we're all together! We enjoyed the sun, the food, the weather (for the most part), and the beaches! And how can I forget the plentiful activities provided while on the ship! My dad suggested that we make this an every two year vacation. Sounds like a plan!

The food on the ship was amazing! I admit I felt a little guilty eating countless servings of all those delicious calories (lol)! Needless to say, I may have picked up maybe 5 lbs. after eating on the ship. Not to mention, the excursion food was just as scrumptious! We first stopped in Montego Bay, Jamaica where we ate the famous jerk-style chicken. Next, we hopped on over to the Grand Cayman Islands for a quick dip at the beach. Last but not least, we landed in Cozumel, Mexico where we enjoyed REAL Mexican cuisine and snorkeled with many colorful fish.

Sadly, my vacation ended after being free from the real world for a whole week. It was nice while it lasted, but now it's back to reality I go...

~xoxo~
Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment