Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Few Favorites

So here's some of my favorite products as well as a couple of new products that I am loving right now. I've heard many great things about them, so I decided to try them out for myself. Feel free to share some of your favorite things as well. The more, the merrier!

Shampoo/Conditioner

I came across Urban Therapy's Twisted Sista shampoo and conditioner on YouTube. I got it from Walgreens for about $4 each. It's sulfate-free, so it doesn't strip your hair of its natural oils. What I like about it is that not only do these products moisturize my hair, it locks it in. You know how some shampoos leave your hair feeling drier than it was before you washed it? Well, this shampoo does the reverse. It puts moisture back into your hair. I absolutely love the conditioner. Out of all the conditioners I have tried in my life (and there's been plenty), this one allows me to comb through my hair in literally less than 15 seconds on each side in the shower. Amazing! If it can detangle my curly hair in a matter of seconds, then I know it'll work for you!




Leave-In Conditioner

Have you ever had to rinse out your leave-in conditioner? Well, guess what? It wasn't a true leave-in conditioner! Ouidad's Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner is exactly what it is presented to be: a conditioner that you actually leave in your hair without ever rinsing it out. I use this every single time after I've washed and conditioned my hair. I also use it for those in between days when I just wet my hair and go. This product is so creamy and it really does lock in the moisture. It's also sulfate-free. I have already re-stocked on this product. I got it from Sephora for about $18. Yes, it is a bit on the expensive side, but it is well worth the money!



Facial Cleanser

One of my friends introduced me to Clean & Clear's Morning Burst Facial Cleanser. I got it from Target for about $5 and have been testing this product out for about 4 days now. So far so good! I will admit that I have not always been consistent in the past with using daily facial cleanser products to wash my face. However, my friend along with the soothing smell of citrus fruit, has motivated me to do it more often. I like that the beads actually do burst and dissolve into a cool and soothing feeling. This facial cleanser leaves my face feeling very soft. Ever since I opened the bottle, I've been looking forward to washing my face with it in the mornings and even at night!



Face Makeup

Okay, so I was always opposed to using face makeup mainly because I never knew how to apply it and don't even get me started on the many failures I've had of picking the wrong tone...However, my friends have opened up a whole new world for me. With their assistance, I was finally able to find one that matched my skin tone. Coincidentally, the winner was Maybelline's Fit Me product line. For the liquid foundation and powder, I am in the color 350. And for the concealer, I am in the color 30. Now that I have the right tone, I made sure I remembered how to apply everything correctly. I think I did a good job for my first time. I loved the way it made my face look even and smooth with less blemishes. Now all I have to do is work on a foundation routine!



Perfume

For a very long time, Paris Hilton's Can Can had been my favorite perfume. To my surprise, after smelling Juicy Couture's Viva La Juicy, Euphoria is now considered my second favorite perfume. Viva La Juicy has taken over my heart and has been my number one perfume for about 4 months now. As most us girls do, I discover new fragrances from my mom's bathroom full of perfumes, lotions, and oils. If I could describe this perfume in one word, it would be long-lasting. It literally lasts ALL day. I can still smell it on me when I get home from a long day out. I have gotten so many compliments on it. I absolutely love it!

2 comments:

  1. Chica, you do not need to wear foundation. You have great skin! I don't wear it, but I do wear concealer for my under eye circles/bags that I've had since I was a little kid. There's no way I'm not gonna use it. But if you must wear foundation and/or concealer or any other cosmetics, you better make sure you remove it every night because it will do some damage to your skin if you don't. Then you will need it.

    I used to use the Clean and Clear Morning Burst face wash a long time ago, but it didn't agree with my skin. Now I use Vitamin E Vegetable Glycerine Soap by 365 from Whole Foods and I love it! You know when you break out and the pimple leaves behind a dark spot? Well after a few months using it twice a day (morning & night) I RARELY have a breakout and when I do, it leaves no dark spot; and it clears up dark spots from previous breakouts (slowly but surely) I'm basically dark spot free now. lol But you must be very committed and use it religiously or it won't work.

    Great post Dominique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, thank you! I guess I had always wanted to try it out and see how foundation works. I haven't used it everyday, nor do I plan to. And the one I bought is light to medium coverage. I have sensitive skin so I don't wear makeup everyday.

    Is your skin sensitive, too? So far, I haven't had any problems with the Clean and Clear Morning Burst facial cleanser, but I am interested in trying out the product you use. Is it for all over the body, too? I've been using Aveeno's shower wash for my body.

    ReplyDelete